EOS Network Foundation
Wallets, SDKs, standards, and complementary products to benefit application developers and the end-user experience for EOSIO.
Download the Wallet+ Blue Paper
Purpose of the Wallet+ Initiative
Our goal for this initiative is to provide a detailed overview of the current state of the ecosystem. This will act as a structure for generating and managing the further research that we believe will be necessary for EOSIO to succeed over the coming years.
A holistic, honest approach to understanding the current state and weaknesses will allow invested parties to work together to form a strategic, community-wide opinion about what we should focus on building together and what the expected output of that should be. This should be defined by our ecosystem’s needs, and also by having a deep understanding of what does and does not work within the context of the larger crypto industry.
Future working groups will be able to use this initiative as a foundation for further research. The intent is to take the first steps, and not to walk the entire path. This will allow us to begin defining what we still do not know so that the next generation of stewards may use that as a stepping stone towards greatness.
For now, we must try to outline the projects that we believe are achievable today, define reasonable expectations for them, all while having in mind a view of the wider vision of what the EOSIO ecosystem could become.
Wallet+ Blue Paper Overview
The Wallet+ working group has researched the current state of the EOSIO ecosystem and found that there are many improvements that could be made to wallets, SDKs, UX standards, and other pieces that comprise the user-facing portion of the network.
In this document, you will find an overview of where we believe there are weaknesses in the ecosystem currently and a detailed breakdown of our recommendations going forward. By improving these key areas we can provide a more secure, understandable, and palatable ecosystem for developers and users alike. The intent of the recommended improvements to these systems is to reduce onboarding friction, encourage wider adoption, and provide users and developers a consistent experience that aims to both reduce effort and expand functionality.
To create this working group document, the teams from Greymass and Ultra worked together to understand the broad scope of requirements for wallets, SDKs, standards, and complementary products that would benefit application developers and users. Based on that initial research, this working group defined the scope as follows:
1. Evaluation of the current ecosystem
- What current solutions exists in the community
- What solutions are demanded by the community
2. Equivalent work done in other ecosystems
- Identify approaches which could be adopted for our networks
- Highlight the pros and cons in their solutions
3. A list of initiatives that could improve the EOS ecosystem
- The “problem” that the solution will address
- How the solution would improve the current situation
- A roadmap for the minimum viable product(s)
- A list of benefits that will be seen by the ecosystem
- The deliverables of the solution
- Any dependencies the improvement will require
- An estimate of the required effort to complete
4. A list of recommendations to the foundation on the best course of action
- Each recommendation will reference one initiative from the section above
- The group’s justification behind prioritizing this initiative
The EOS Network is a 3rd generation blockchain platform powered by the EOS VM, a low-latency, highly performant, and extensible WebAssembly engine for deterministic execution of near feeless transactions; purpose-built for enabling optimal web3 user and developer experiences. EOS is the flagship blockchain and financial center of the EOSIO protocol, serving as the driving force behind multi-chain collaboration and public goods funding for tools and infrastructure through the EOS Network Foundation (ENF).
EOS Network Foundation
The EOS Network Foundation (ENF) is a not-for-profit organization that coordinates financial and non-financial support to encourage the growth and development of the EOS Network. The ENF is the hub of the EOS Network, harnessing the power of decentralization as a force for positive global change to chart a coordinated future for EOS.