Effective Date: February 24, 2022
Last modified: February 3, 2023
This Policy covers personal information that we collect from visitors (“you”) to the Website. It does not apply to information collected offline or through other means outside of the context of this website.
If you do not agree with our Policy, please do not provide us with your information.
If you have questions or complaints in this regard, please contact our privacy officer whose contact details are in the “Contacting Us” section below.
How We Collect Information
We collect the following information from you when you visit our website and sign up for our newsletter:
- To communicate with you.
- To comply with the law and verify any information you provide to us.
- If you choose to opt in to our newsletter mailing list, you may receive periodic emails from us, [including promotional information we think will be of interest to you. (remove if not applicable)] You will have the opportunity to opt out of those communications at any time following the instructions in the communication or by contacting us indicating your wishes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also collect data and certain personal information automatically when you use our website.
We will only collect as much information as is reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected.
When you access the Website, we will use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Device Information. We collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, and browser type, mobile network information.
When you use the Website, the following additional information will be collected automatically:
- These technologies allow us the ability to display our promotional material to you when you visit external sites.
How We Use Your Information
If you choose to opt in to our newsletter mailing list, you may receive periodic emails from us, including promotional information we think will be of interest to you. You will have the opportunity to opt out of those communications at any time following the instructions in the communication or by contacting us indicating your wishes at email@example.com.
The usage and device information we automatically collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize when our Website is used and which features are accessed.
We collect this information on an aggregated basis only, and it will not be linked with your personal information.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our emailing list or from receiving promotional materials, you can find instructions on how to do so at the bottom of each email that is sent out. You can also contact us as indicated in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Sharing Your Information
We do not sell or trade your personal information.
We only share or disclose your information with your consent and in very limited circumstances to the extent that is required to deliver services or without your consent where required or permissible by law.
We will only share or disclose your information as follows:
- We will transfer information to third-party vendors who help us store or process your information;
- We may disclose your information to affiliates and subsidiaries;
- We may also disclose some limited personal information required for transactions with insurers, lenders or prospective purchasers. We will ensure that such information is exchanged strictly for those purposes, will not be used in any other way, and will be returned, destroyed, or deleted after the transaction, and that it will be protected in accordance with applicable privacy laws;
- We will disclose your information for other purposes when we have your consent; and
- We will disclose your information where it is required or permissible by law.
International Data Transfers
The Company is headquartered in Canada. All personal information we collect is stored in Canada. We may employ third-party contractors who may be located outside of Canada and who have access to your personal information. We use reasonable contractual or other safeguards to protect your personal information, but it may nonetheless be subject to access by local law enforcement.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to your information. You also have the right for your information to be accurate.
If you wish to request access or to correct your information or if you have any questions or concerns about our practices or this policy, please contact us first and we will aim to resolve the issue. You are also entitled to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada toll-free: 1-800-282-1376 if you wish to file a formal complaint about our privacy practices.
We will retain information collected through our Website for as long as we are providing services to you with respect to such information and for as long as it may be required under applicable laws and regulations.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational data security measures. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we follow all legal requirements and do our best to protect your personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee you that it will be.
Third Party Websites
Questions and Contacting Us
This policy was last updated on February 3, 2023.